Many dog owners feel that dog training is a challenge. But I have some good news for you, dog training can be easy, fun and a positive experience. Just follow these 5 effective dog training tips.
1. When training your dog praise him when he does something correct. When you show your dog that you are happy with his efforts, he will be more inclined to want to keep you happy. But as you start to make more progress and reach for higher milestones you may want to hold off a bit before giving praise. But in the beginning it is better to praise him right away.
2. Treats are go to use. After your dog has worked hard and has done a few tricks or has been a good sport it is fair to reward your dog with a treat. Just like people dogs need an incentive to work.
3. Be firm, but also gentle. Give the commands firmly while gently moving your dog into the correct position that you want him. The firm, but gentle tactic shows your dog that you are the boss, but will also show him that you love him too.
4. Train your dog a few minutes each day, but do not go for too long as you will overwork the dog and cause him to feel a little stressed. Just like people dogs need repetition in order to grasp a new concept and can become stressed when overworked. Also just working with your dog a few minutes a day will strengthen your friendship.
5. Finally, help your dog associate action with command. The way this can be done is as soon as you see your dog sit, you should say the word sit. Do the same thing if he is lying down.
In conclusion, dog training is a challenge, but you can also make it easy, fun and a positive experience.
To find out how you can get a better understanding on dog training and eliminate all the headaches click the link below.